yield 3 servings
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
- Extra Easy – 1/2 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points – 8
- 160g/5.6oz of penne pasta, dry
- 1 x 160g/5.6oz can of tuna (in spring water), drained and flaked into smaller pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 20 grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 240ml (1 cup) of passata (or crushed tomatoes)
- 240ml (1 cup)of vegetable or chicken stock
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 25g (0.8oz) of mozzarella cheese – 1/2 HEa
- 30g (1oz) of cheddar – 1 HEa
- cooking oil spray
- fresh chopped Italian parsley, to serve
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and yellow pepper and continue to fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the passata, stock, splash of Worcestershire sauce and some fresh chopped parsley.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and allow to lightly bubble until it reduces down and thickens (approx 10 mins).
- While the sauce is reducing, cook the pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. drain and then stir into the sauce along with the tuna.
- Sprinkle on top the cheddar and mozzarella and season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins until cheese on top is melted and lightly golden.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.7 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 571 mg
Total Carbohydrates 56.4 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 23.9 g