This tasty pineapple dessert is 5 Smart Points per portion on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan.
5 Smart Points per portion on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, Blue plan & Purple plan and 6 SmartPoints on the Green plan
- 30 g lighter butter I used Lurpak Lighter
- 3 tsp lemon rind optional
- 55 g superfine sugar / caster sugar
- 3 eggs seperated
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 450 g tin of pineapple crushed & drained
- 1 tsp icing sugar / powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF.
- Use a little of the butter to grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
- Separate the eggs, placing the egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks into another large bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar and lemon rind (if using) to the egg yolks and beat until they become thick & creamy. Add the milk and sifted flour to the mixture and fold in.
- Add the drained crushed pineapple and mix to combine.
- Now whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk (using clean whisk attachments – see notes above) until they form soft peaks.
- Scrape the egg white into the pineapple mixture and gently fold in. Pour the mix into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes until the dessert is firm and has turned golden brown.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes before dusting with the icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 0.6mg