This Southeast Asian One-Pot Black Pepper Chicken dish is a spicy and savory delight, with flavors of ginger, soy, and garlic playing off one another, and black pepper emerging as the star. Because it requires only one pot, clean-up is easy, and prep is as simple as marinating and stir-frying.
Lean chicken is a healthy protein, and garlic and ginger are known for their numerous health benefits. This healthy meal makes a fabulous weeknight dinner that will have your kitchen smelling like a gourmet dream!
ww ponits info
THIS DELISH RECIPE HAS 6 EACH SERVING SIZEIS 1 CUP, 4SP EACH ♥♥
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided (optional, coconut aminos, Tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Whisk together in a medium sized bowl, half of the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, and the sweetener. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
Time to Add oil to a skillet and heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic is golden and fragrant, but not burnt.
Now Add the marinated chicken with any juices in the bowl and cook for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper strips, remaining soy sauce and vinegar, and black pepper and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until peppers have softened and chicken is cooked through.
Spoon chicken over or alongside brown rice or quinoa.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/skinnydishes.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528