This filling & tasty Mexican Bean Salad is simple to make and is just 2 Smart Points per serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, myWW Blue plan & myWW Purple plan. It is 5 SmartPoints on myWW Green plan.
yield: 8 SERVINGS prep time: 15 MINUTES additional time: 1 HOUR total time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1 x 15 oz can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 x 15 oz can sweet corn kernels (drained & rinsed)
- 1 x 15 oz can cannellini beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 x 15 oz can kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped finely)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ – 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice if preferred)
- ½ tsp salt (more if required)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro / coriander
- Combine the beans, corn, bell peppers and onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, chili pepper, lime juice, salt & pepper, garlic, sugar and cilantro. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and mix well so that it is all coated in the mixture.
- Leave the salad for an hour before serving so that the beans can soak up all those flavours.