- 2 cans chickpeas (approx. 30 oz total)
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (sweet mini peppers work too)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado (plus extra to taste)
EASY MEDITERRANEAN MARINADE/DRESSING:
- 2.5 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice (squeezed from 1 large or two small lemon)
- 1/2–1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2–1 tsp parsley plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus extra as desired)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- optional extra: crumbled feta cheese
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Chop your peppers, tomato, and cucumber, and toss them in a bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container and either shake or whisk to incorporate. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Pop the bowl in the fridge, covered, for a few hours to let the fabulous flavors of the marinade get better acquainted with your veggies or enjoy right away.
- Peel and chop avocado just before serving, and add to the salad. I like to toss my avocado in a little lemon juice with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from browning.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
7 Smart Points
AMOUNT PER SERVING:
SERVINGS : 8 SERVINGS
CALORIES 250CALORIES FROM FAT 99
% DAILY VALUE*
SATURATED FAT 1G6%
VITAMIN A 1280IU26%
VITAMIN C 55.4MG67%
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/skinnydishes.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528