- 1/4 cup water or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 – 3 carrots (about 1 cup), diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (6oz.) green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes with juices, or 2 – 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown or green lentils
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 6 cups water or low-sodium broth
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach or kale
- juice of 2 small lemons
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- mineral salt & pepper, to taste
- In large dutch oven or pot, heat water/olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onions and garlic, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, lentils, paprika, curry, cumin and liquids, give a good stir and bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 – 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the greens five minutes before the soup is done. Add more water if needed, maybe up to 1 cup. Add lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
Instant Pot: Add the ingredients, except the greens and water/oil, to the bowl of your pressure cooker. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the release valve to the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button and set the timer at 15 minutes. Once finished, set valve to quick release or let it release pressure on it’s own (takes about 20 minutes). Remove lid, stir in the greens. Season with salt & pepper taste.
Slow Cooker: Add the ingredients, except the greens and water/oil, to the bowl of your crock pot. Cover with lid. Set on HIGH for 4 – 5 hours or LOW for 8 – 10 hours. Add greens, let them wilt. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
WW : 8 Smart Points