- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon canola, olive, or coconut oil
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- hot cooked brown or white rice for serving
- In a large skillet or wok, heat butter and half of the garlic over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the shrimp and cook until no longer translucent, stirring occasionally (3-5 minutes).
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside. In the same pan that you took the shrimp out of, add the olive oil and turn the heat up to medium high. Add all of your veggies.
- Put the lid on the pot so that the veggies can cook in their steam, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables cook, in a small bowl add the broth, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the corn starch so that it doesn’t get clumpy. Add the other half of the garlic to the sauce.
- After the veggies have cooked for about 5 minutes, add the sauce and allow it to simmer with the lid on until the veggies are just tender crisp and the sauce thickens, stirring often. Don’t overcook the vegetables.
- When the veggies are ready, throw in the shrimp and heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving:
VITAMIN A: 509.4µg
VITAMIN C: 77.7mg