- 4 tomatoes sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 6-7 leaves basil chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, plus extra for sprinkling over top
- 2 eggs beaten
- Slice tomatoes and lay sliced on plates. Sprinkle lightly with salt and let sit at least 7-14 minutes, and up to 25 minutes.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute’ until onions are soft (about 6 minutes). Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Drain water off of plates with tomatoes, With a paper towel, Gently blot tomatoes to soak up excess moisture.
- Add cheese, eggs, herbs, and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on a greased pie pan. Top with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been used, finishing with a layer of tomatoes. Top this layer with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to sit 4-5 minutes before serving.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/skinnydishes.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528