So good! So easy! These turned out amazing!
- 4 large green tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick. Discard the ends.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl.
- Scoop flour onto a plate. Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs and salt and pepper on another plate.
- Dip tomatoes into flour to coat.
- Then dip the tomatoes into milk and egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumbs to completely coat.
- In a large skillet, pour vegetable oil (enough so that there is 1/2 inch of oil in the pan) and heat over a medium heat.
- Place tomatoes into the frying pan in batches of 4 or 5, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Do not crowd the tomatoes, they should not touch each other.
- When the tomatoes are browned, flip and fry them on the other side.
- Drain them on paper towels.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/skinnydishes.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528