- 3 medium fresh apple(s), Fuji preferred, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam, or jelly
In a non-reactive bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add apple mixture; cook until slightly softened, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in jelly. Serve hot or slightly cooled. Yields about 3 1/3 tablespoons per serving.
To make mini pies, spoon the filling into ramekins and decorate with uncooked pie crust strips; bake until heated through and crust is cooked (could affect SmartPoints value). This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.