Oh my goodness… This came out so good! Kids loved it. Hubby loved it. It’s very easy to make. I did the stove top directions and it was ready in no time at all.
it’s absolutely delicious!! So warm and comforting.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ cups carrots, diced
- 1 ¼ cups yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 tabelspoon garlic, minced
- 8 cups Chicken broth,
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup dry Acini De Pepe Pasta
- 8 oz. fresh Spinach
- ½ lb. ground beef, 80% lean
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 egg, beate
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated into a powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Gently combine the meatball ingredients, don’t overwork the meat, we want tender meatballs.
- Roll the meat into 1-inch balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Brown the meatballs in batches for 2-3 minutes. The inside of the meatball will finish cooking in the soup.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the meatballs and pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese
- and serve!
NUTRITIONCalories: 344kcal,Carbohydrates: 25g,Protein: 20g,Fat: 19g,Saturated Fat: 6g,Cholesterol: 81mg,Sodium: 1398mg,Potassium: 887mg,Fiber: 4g,Sugar: 4g,Vitamin A: 8126IU,Vitamin C: 38mg,Calcium: 126mg,Iron: 4mg