just two of you or you’re by your lonesome and feel like having roast beef?
- 8-10 oz good-quality steak (sirloin, strip, T-bone, Porterhouse)
- 1 large Yukon gold potato
- 1 large red potato
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut steak in bite-sized pieces.
- Cut potatoes into chunks–don’t peel them.
- In a large bowl, combine the cut-up steak, potatoes and onion. Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place the steak/potatoes mixture in a 10-inch totally oven-proof skillet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you don’t have a skillet that is completely oven-proof, you can use a regular metal or ceramic baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, or until steak is browned and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serves 2.
- NOTE: Steak will be well done, not rare, however, it is very tender.