- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ cups carrots, diced
- 1 ¼ cups yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 tabelspoon garlic, minced
- 8 cups Chicken broth,
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup dry Acini De Pepe Pasta
- 8 oz. fresh Spinach
- ½ lb. ground beef, 80% lean
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 egg, beate
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated into a powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Gently combine the meatball ingredients. Don’t overwork the meat.
- Roll the meat into 1-inch balls.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and add the olive oil.
- Brown the meatballs in batches for about 3 minutes, until all sides are brown.
- Remove the meatballs from the pot and add the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth. Run a silicone spatula along the bottom of the pot to release the brown bits, his helps mitigate the burn indicator that we tend to see with Instant Pots.
- Add the Italian seasoning and meatballs.
- Close the lid and seal the valve. Pressure Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the quick release valve and allow the steam to escape.
- Add the acini de pepe and press the saute button. Cook for 9 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, garnish with fresh Parmesan and parsley, and serve!
Saturated Fat: 6g,
Vitamin A: 8126IU,
Vitamin C: 38mg,