- 4 chicken thighs skins removed (bone-in or boneless), untrimmed
- 4 cups Chicken broth we used low sodium
- 10 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil to saute vegetables
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 medium celery sticks finely chopped
- 2 carrots sliced into rings
- 1/2 lb rotini pasta
- 3 Tbsp fresh or frozen dill
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash or your favorite salt-free seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- In a large soup pot, combine 10 cups water with 4 cups chicken broth and 1 Tbsp sea salt. Bring to a boil then add chicken thighs and boil partially covered 20 min while you prep the vegetables, skimming off any foam that rises to the top.
In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté onion and celery until softened then transfer to the pot.
Add 1/2 lb pasta and sliced carrots to the soup pot and continue cooking for 15 min at a low boil or until pasta is at desired softness.While pasta is cooking, remove chicken thighs from the pot and use either forks or your hands to shred the chicken, discarding any bones and fat which should come off easily. Return shredded chicken to the pot.
Season soup with 1 tsp Mrs. Dash (or your favorite seasoning) and more salt to taste if needed. Press in 1 garlic clove. Finally add 3 Tbsp dill and remove from heat. Enjoy!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
7 S mart Points on blue, green
NUTRITION FACTS:Amount Per ServingCalories 232Calories from Fat 99% Daily Value*Fat 11g17%Saturated Fat 2g13%Cholesterol 44mg15%Sodium 783mg34%Potassium 279mg8%Carbohydrates 20g7%Fiber 1g4%Sugar 1g1%Protein 12g24%Vitamin A 2085IU42%Vitamin C 1.7mg2%Calcium 26mg3%Iron 0.9mg5%